Monday, May 21, 2018

My email from President Trump today

I recently sent an email to the White House about the Texas school shooting. this is the reply I received from President Trump:

Thank you for your email regarding the senseless violence that took the lives of innocent students and staff at Santa Fe High School in Texas. I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions as we learn about the events that transpired during this horrific act.

I have talked to the Governor of Texas, Greg Abbott, and expressed our Nation’s overwhelming grief at yet another unacceptable and senseless act of pure evil. As President, I have no higher obligation than to protect the safety of America and her people. I am committed to working with State and local leaders to help secure our schools and address the difficult issue of mental health.

Undermining our Second Amendment rights, however, will not enhance our safety. Rather, my Administration will enforce Federal law and work with State and local officials to keep firearms out of the wrong hands and protect Americans from violent criminals. As Americans, we must come together to create a culture in our country that embraces the dignity of life and creates deep and meaningful connections with our classmates, colleagues, and neighbors.

Melania and I grieve following this terrible loss of life, and we send our everlasting support and love to everyone affected by this horrendous attack.

May God bless Texas, and may God bless America.
Sincerely,
Donald Trump

No comments:

Post a Comment