Monday, May 30, 2022

Saving Water and Electricity

 Saving water and electricity:

Money is stupid tight right now, and I am always looking for ways to save on my daily electric and water usage.
(Power/water bill is going WAY up!)
Something my husband bought over a year ago annoyed me at the time, but as time has gone on, I am grateful that he did buy it.
He bought it for convenience, I now use it and REUSE it to save money.
The Dawn Dishwashing foam bottle.
When it was empty, I almost threw it away, but changed my mind. I went online to figure out how to refill it.
Granted, you basically have to "break it", to reuse it, but the small break was nothing, and now, I refill it every time it is emptied, and the small break, really makes no difference.
By using this foam setup, I rarely have to fill a sink with soapy water to wash dishes. Granted, when canning or jelly making, soapy filled sink is the "go to".
Now, when I am doing dishes, I start with an empty sink, use a bit of hot water to wash the first few, and then rinse them over the wash side, to have that water fill my wash sink for the dirtier dishes.
By doing this, I am saving on water usage and electricity for the water heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment