Thursday, June 21, 2018

A testimonial from a LEGAL Immigrant.... Why LEGAL immigration is so VERY important!

I'm a little hurt right now over this latest issue with illegal immigrants. Those who are angry with me need to be reminded:

I'm an immigrant who came here legally with my parents when I was eight. But I was separated from them for over three years before I even set foot in the US! No crime involved, I came from a part of the world with rampant TB and was exposed to it. I didn't have TB, I had positive skin tests. I was moved to the province to live with relatives. Skin tests remained positive because the area was also suffering from it. My grandmother eventually bought a house as far away from civilization as islands can be to keep me away from people. It took three years of tests and X-rays until I was deemed non-infectious.

There's a valid reason why immigration needs to be done in the legal way. It's to protect you citizens, and your own kids. It killed us to be separated but we understood the situation, even I as a kid, that it was the moral thing to do.

We also didn't come here for the freebies. My parents came to be part of this great country, to contribute to it. My military dad, a Marine corporal who became a citizen and joined the service prior to meeting Momsie, would be offended at any hint that he could not provide for his stepkids. Momsie could have gotten welfare when he died, but that's not her way, she worked scrubbing hotel rooms and studied to be an electronic technician to give us a life of integrity.

So getting back to now, before you throw Hitler at my face again, did you know many of these kids are trafficked! Do you, who criticise me, support that?? Many of them travel with adults who don't even know their names. Many more are from parents who have committed crimes or who have been previously deported. Many are sick and starving and have experienced abuse. So get a grip. What erupted these past few days have been going on for years and media gas lighted the public with "kids ripped from mother's arms and throwing them in cages"! As if!
Okay, you hate Trump. I get it. But my parents, JFK Democrats, would have been incensed at the false narrative you've been spoon-fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment